You know those times when you are not feeling your bubbly self? It can happen for many reasons… we don’t even need to know why, because we need to focus on how to over come it.
See, when you are down your energy levels are down and along with it your motivation and effectiveness. So we want a way out of that whole as quick as possible! Don’t we?
Now that is not to say that we don’t want to deal with negative emotions that arise, because we do and we must! However it may just be that it is not exactly the right time to have an outburst right now.
So what can you do to give yourself an instant ‘Mood Boost’? It doesn’t have to be something massive… sometimes making the smallest change has the biggest impact.
If you have 5 minutes to spare you can:
- Take out your journal and write down what is going on for you
- Take out your daily goal planner and write something down that you already completed today and cross it straight off the list
- Have a snack break. I know the ads say ‘take a break! Have a kit kat!’ but instead find something nutritious like a piece of fruit or vegetable
- Look at yourself in the mirror and pull as many different funny faces as you can in 5 minutes
- Read the comics in the daily paper
- If you are at home light some uplifting incense
If you have 15 minutes to spare you can:
- – De-clutter your desk or an area of your home
- – Treat yourself to a moisturizing mask
- – Give yourself a quick pedicure
- – Do a few quick and easy exercises or stretches – there are some awesome power yoga moves!
- – Read a few pages of a book or magazine you enjoy
- – Make a list of all the people you haven’t been in touch with in a while and schedule a time to call each of them
- – Practice gratitude
- – Take yourself outside if you can and sit in the sun, enjoy nature
If you have 30 minutes spare you can:
- – Do a quick research for your next holiday
- – Listen to some uplifting tracks, and if you can may be even dance a little – it’s a great pick me up!
- – Go for a walk, you can choose the pace, whatever feels right
- – Do a quick meditation
- – Plan a night out with your partner or friends
- – Write a letter to someone special and mail it or
- – Write a letter to someone that you need to forgive and then burn it
- – Discover a new recipe on the Internet and plan to cook it for dinner
- – Have a cuppa – green tea is delish!
I’m out of ideas right now….
What do you do when you feel the need to boost your mood? Please share….